The new Aperture 3 gives you powerful yet easy-to-use tools to refine images, showcase your photography, and manage massive libraries on your Mac. Its pro performance with iPhoto simplicity.
With more than 200 new features and enhancements, Aperture 3 is the perfect choice if you're ready to take your photography to the next level. Migrate your photos from iPhoto to Aperture seamlessly. Manage large photo libraries with ease. Use powerful new tools to refine your images. And present your work like a pro with beautiful prints, hardcover books, websites, and stunning multimedia slideshows.
Aperture 3 Features:
- Supports the complete Faces feature set in iPhoto and preserves Faces snapshots and assigned names.
- Embeds assigned names as keywords when exporting images.
- Shows faces that have been detected but not yet named.
- Displays assigned faces within projects, making it easier to find photos of specific people.
- Now you can use GPS location data to explore your photos by the places they were taken. Better still, find them on an interactive map.
- Aperture 3 features robust GPS support and built-in geotagging, letting you organize and explore photos based on where you took them.
- Extends and enhances the Places feature set introduced in iPhoto and preserves all data imported from iPhoto.
- Lets you drag photos to an interactive map to add location data.
- Adds location data to photos when you import it from a third-party GPS tracking device or iPhone.
- Allows easy adjustment of location data by dragging pins to a new location on the map.
- New nondestructive, edge-aware brushes let you selectively apply powerful adjustments to photos.
- Retouch photos nondestructively using edge-aware brushes that let you easily apply or remove image adjustments from selected parts of your photos.
- A set of 15 Quick Brushes handles the most common touch-up tasks, such as dodging and burning.
- Nondestructive adjustments can be modified anytime.
- Built-in edge detection lets you easily paint adjustments into specific parts of an image.
- Powerful effects can be added with a series of brush strokes: for example, add spot color to black-and-white photos, blur backgrounds, smooth skin, and selectively darken or lighten any part of a photo.
- Dozens of new adjustment presets give your photos a wide range of looks in one click.
- In Aperture 3, you can instantly give your images a custom look or emulate a variety of processing styles with ready-to-use imaging presets.
- Apply any combination of adjustment settings, including Auto Exposure and Auto Levels, with a single click.
- Choose from dozens of ready-to-use presets, easily create your own presets, or import presets from friends and colleagues.
- Adjust images using presets that emulate processing styles (such as cross-processing) and camera looks (such as instant, toy, or antique).
- See the results of any preset in a live preview window before applying it to an image.
- Take advantage of your Apple display to get a big, uncluttered, full-screen view of your library.
- With its new full-screen Browser, Aperture 3 offers an innovative way to browse and navigate your entire library - no matter what the size - and quickly find your photos.
- Take full advantage of your widescreen display to browse projects and image thumbnails in a clean, uncluttered, full-screen interface.
- Use the Library Path Navigator to move among folders, projects, and albums, easily navigating even massive photo libraries.
- Navigate all your projects, albums, and folders without leaving the full-screen Browser.
- Double-click any thumbnail to instantly see the photo full screen.
Advanced Slide Shows
- Create spectacular multimedia shows with photos, HD video clips, titles, layered soundtracks, and professionally designed themes.
- Use professionally designed themes to weave together photos and HD video clips, producing amazing slideshows with just a few clicks.
- Add text to slides using your choice of fonts, styles, and colors.
- Build a layered soundtrack with location audio clips and music tracks.
- Use any of the themed slideshows from iPhoto 09 or choose from two new themes (Photo Edges and Watercolor Panels) in Aperture 3.
- Choose borders, padding, and background colors; add title slides between photos.
Support for Leading Cameras
- Using Aperture, you can import JPEG images from virtually all digital cameras. Shooting RAW? Aperture supports the RAW formats from a wide range of digital SLRs and medium-format cameras and camera backs. You'll find an extensive list of supported camera models on the RAW support page.
- Native RAW import and editing of images from leading digital cameras and camera backs (See RAW support page for model listing.)
- .ARW, .CR2, .CRW, .MOS, .NEF, .RAF, .RAW, .SRW, .TIF, .OLY, .FFF, .3FR, .DNG
- Compatible with all major still image formats
- JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, PDF, PSD
Import images directly from cameras and storage devices
- CompactFlash I, II, and Microdrive
- Memory Stick and Memory Stick Duo
- Secure Digital, MultiMedia, and SmartMedia cards
- xD Picture cards
Import from multiple cards simultaneously
- Drag files in from any volume (preserves Finder folder hierarchy)
- Browse and import directly from iPhoto library
- Capture images directly from tethered Nikon or Canon cameras
Apple Aperture Videos
Apple Aperture Reviews & Ratings
Not yet reviewed… Be the first to write a review!
To embed a YouTube video:
- Go to YouTube.com and browse to the video you wish to embed.
- Simply copy the code from the "Embed" box.
- Once you've copied the code, just paste it into the field below.
Questions, Discussions & Comments
Compare Apple Aperture
|Apple Aperture||Drag another product here||Drag another product here|
Drag to compare it to other software from Apple
Drag to compare it to other Photo & Imaging For Mac software
Apple Aperture News
Apple Store Options For Final Cut X by ABradney-George
With the recent launch of Apple's new version of Final Cut comes some more options for downloading this program and other software that will complement it. The Apple Store website now offers Final Cut Pro X with Motion… Read more on Apple Store Final Cut X
Thank you for downloading Apple Aperture
Your download will begin shortly. If it doesn't, click here to try again.