Autodesk Mudbox 2012 software delivers significant enhancements to the painting toolset, innovative new UV and topology-independent workflows, practical posing tools and improved performance and large dataset handling that together address common production challenges. Now available for the Linux operating system, Mudbox 2012 offers single-step interoperability with products in the Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suites 2012, enhanced compatibility with Adobe Photoshop software and flexible new feature sets that enable it to integrate into studio pipelines more seamlessly. Moreover, expanded creative toolsets that now feature paintable layer masks, editable stencils and new brushes and brush options yield increased productivity without compromising artistic freedom.
The Learning Path offers Maya tutorials, demos, tips and tricks, technical support, and more.
Autodesk Subscription offers additional advantages including access to upgrades, enhancements, web services, and priority customer support.
Designed by professional artists in the film, game, and design industries, Mudbox combines a highly intuitive interface with a powerful toolset composed of stencils and brushes for creating ultra-realistic 3D characters, environments and props.
- Sculpt and Paint Models with Ease - create sophisticated 3D models quickly and precisely.
- Benefit from Instant Productivity- well-organized and clean interface with a powerful creative toolset.
- Achieve Superior Performance - work directly with extremely high-resolution meshes and large texture datasets.
- Paint Directly onto 3D Models - painting tools that enable you to see the results immediately.
- Strike the Pose You Need - easily deform and pose models to change their design.
- Make Better Creative Decisions in Less Time - see how your model will look with render-quality results directly in the viewport.
- Bake out High-quality Maps - create accurate Normal, Displacement, Ambient Occlusion, and Vector Displacement maps from highly detailed models.
- Experience UV-less Painting - eliminate or reduce the time-consuming and often difficult task of creating UVs; assets can now simply be loaded, and painted right away.
- Enjoy Seamless Pipeline Integration – single-step interoperability with the industry’s favorite 3D animation packages using Autodesk® FBX® asset exchange technology.
Resources are available when you buy a license of Autodesk Mudbox online
- Training and Support: Autodesk offers a range of training and documentation, including demos and tutorials. Autodesk partners and third parties also offer books, DVDs, tutorials and training facilities.
- Community: The AREA is Autodesk’s digital entertainment and visualization community. Artists and developers can share their work, expertise or opinions; and search for jobs or staff among AREA’s 350,000 members. Access the Mudbox Community directly in the Mudbox application and browse a number of stamps, stencils and meshes, as well as tutorials.
Autodesk Mudbox Videos
No video available…
Autodesk Mudbox Reviews & Ratings
Not yet reviewed… Be the first to write a review!
To embed a YouTube video:
- Go to YouTube.com and browse to the video you wish to embed.
- Simply copy the code from the "Embed" box.
- Once you've copied the code, just paste it into the field below.
Questions, Discussions & Comments
Compare Autodesk Mudbox
|Autodesk Mudbox||Drag another product here||Drag another product here|
Drag to compare it to other software from Autodesk
Drag to compare it to other Digital Imaging software
Thank you for downloading Autodesk Mudbox
Your download will begin shortly. If it doesn't, click here to try again.