- Supports commonly used tax forms and schedules. View complete list.
- Handles single, married filing jointly and married filing separately filing status.
- Provides guidance on credits that lower your taxes, such as earned income credit, education credits and more.
Included in CompleteTax Basic:
Tools to help you quickly prepare and file taxes online
- Step-by-Step Guidance - Guiding you through the necessary steps to prepare and file your taxes online, CompleteTax Basic helps you finish your return accurately and efficiently.
- Try It First - Test drive CompleteTax Basic before creating an account using the "Try It First" option. You can also just create an account right away or sign into your account with your User ID and password from last year.
- Make the Switch to CompleteTax - Import information from last year's TurboTax, TaxACT or H&R Block Online return to make the switch to CompleteTax even easier.
- Import W-2s and 1099s - Importing data from your W-2 and 1099 forms into CompleteTax Basic saves you time and reduces the chance of manual input error.
- E-file Taxes - E-filing your federal and state returns is always included with CompleteTax. E-file taxes online or print and mail your return, at no extra charge. Receive your IRS refund in as fast as 8 days when you e-file, with direct deposit.
- Refund Ticker - Watch your federal and state refunds (or any taxes owed) add up automatically as you fill out your return.
- Double Checks - CompleteTax reviews your entire return to check for any errors or missing information so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
- Technical Support - Our staff is ready to answer any technical questions you may have about filing your taxes online. Receive technical support by email for any question about CompleteTax Basic. Also technical support by chat is available.
- Add Reminder - Don't have all your forms or information yet? Just use "Add Reminder" on that page to prompt you to return and finish when you have the information.
Help to find all your deductions and credits
- Filing Status - Supports single, married filing jointly and married filing separately filing status.
- Education Coverage - CompleteTax Basic handles student loan interest, tuition payment, education credits and tuition and fee deductions.
- Credits that Lower Your Taxes - CompleteTax Basic covers many credits that lower your taxes such as earned income credit, education credit, retirement savings contribution credit and foreign tax credit.
- Taxable Income (1099) Coverage - CompleteTax Basic handles certain government payments, interest income, payments from qualified education programs, railroad retirement, social security distributions.
CompleteTax Basic Videos
CompleteTax Basic Reviews & Ratings
Not yet reviewed… Be the first to write a review!
To embed a YouTube video:
- Go to YouTube.com and browse to the video you wish to embed.
- Simply copy the code from the "Embed" box.
- Once you've copied the code, just paste it into the field below.
Questions, Discussions & Comments
Compare CompleteTax Basic
|CompleteTax Basic||Drag another product here||Drag another product here|
Drag to compare it to other software from CompleteTax
Drag to compare it to other Tax software
CompleteTax Basic News
Charity Tax Deduction: How Does It Work?
There are many things you can do to lessen your tax burden. One of the best is to make a charitable contribution. This is something that you can take advantage of every year if you plan in advance and know how to add the information to… Read more on Charity Tax Deduction
E-file Free: Taxes And Software Options
There are many good reasons to e-file your return. In addition to avoiding your return getting lost in the mail, this option will also help you receive your refund in no time at all. Of course, you cannot e-file your return until you know… Read more on E File Free
Finding The Best Tax Preparation Software
It is one thing to say that you are going to use tax preparation software. It is another thing entirely to compare your many options, choose one, and take full advantage of all the features available to you. The best tax preparation… Read more on Best Tax Preparation Software
Use 2009 Tax Forms To Help Estimate Tax Payments
Although you hope that you are paying the right amount in taxes, you never really know for sure. If your income is set to stay the same this year, you can estimate your tax payments by taking a closer look at your 2009 and 2010 returns when preparing… Read more on 2009 Tax Forms
Differentiating Federal & State Taxes
Are you aware of the difference between federal and state taxes? Some believe that these taxes are one and the same – this is not true. As you file your final return, one will be sent to the IRS and the other to your… Read more on Federal State Taxes
Thank you for downloading CompleteTax Basic
Your download will begin shortly. If it doesn't, click here to try again.