Handles itemized deductions, dependents, investments & retirement income
- Handles itemized deductions including mortgage interest and insurance, property taxes, charitable contributions, medical expenses and others that will reduce your taxes.
- Supports many investment related items such as dividend income, capital gains and losses (Schedule D), installment sale income and money borrowed to buy investments.
- Handles distributions from retirement plans such as an IRA or 401(k) as well as Social Security distributions and Railroad Retirement Board distributions. Non-deductible contributions to individual retirement accounts (IRAs) are also covered.
Included in CompleteTax Deluxe:
Tools to help you quickly prepare and file taxes online
- Step-by-Step Guidance - Guiding you through the necessary steps to prepare and file your taxes online, CompleteTax Deluxe helps you finish your return accurately and efficiently.
- Try It First - Test drive CompleteTax Deluxe before creating an account using the "Try It First" option. You can also just create an account right away or sign into your account with your User ID and password from
- last year.
- Make the Switch to CompleteTax - Import information from last year's TurboTax, TaxACT or H&R Block Online return to make the switch to CompleteTax even easier.
- Import W-2s and 1099s - Importing data from your W-2 and 1099 forms into our online tax return software saves you time and reduces the chance of manual input error.
- E-file Taxes - E-filing your federal and state returns is always included with CompleteTax. E-file taxes online or print and mail your return, at no extra charge. Receive your IRS refund in as fast as 8 days when you e-file, with direct deposit.
- Refund Ticker - Watch your federal and state refunds (or any taxes owed) add up automatically as you fill out your return with our online tax return software.
- Double Checks - CompleteTax reviews your entire return to check for any errors or missing information so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
- Technical Support - Our staff is ready to answer any technical questions you may have about filing your taxes online. Receive technical support by email for any question about CompleteTax Deluxe. Also 1 technical support by chat (a $4.99 value) is included in CompleteTax Deluxe.
- Come-back Flag - Sometimes a piece of information, like mortgage interest or tuition fees, still needs to be tracked down. Just set a "come-back flag" in the specific place in your return so you can easily come back to it when you have the information.
Help to find all your deductions and credits
- Filing Status - Any filing status is supported — single, head of household, married filing jointly, married filing separately and qualifying widow(er).
- Itemized Deductions (Schedule A) - Money paid for medical care, mortgage interest, state and local taxes, charitable contributions, home office expenses, casualty losses and miscellaneous deductions can reduce your taxes. If the total amount spent on those items is more than your standard deduction, you can usually benefit by itemizing.
- Credits that Lower Your Taxes - Covers many credits that lower your taxes such as the child tax credit, health coverage tax credit for displaced workers who paid for continued health insurance after being laid-off, alternative motor vehicle credit, residential energy credits, mortgage interest credit, credit for child care and dependent care expenses, earned income credit, education credit, retirement savings contribution credit, adoption credit, foreign tax credit and credit for the elderly or the disabled. Also covers work opportunity credit, low-income housing credit, credit for alcohol used as fuel and many other general business credits reported on Schedule K1's from Partnerships, S-Corporations and Estates & Trusts.
- Taxable Income (1099) Coverage - Handles the sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other securities, dividends, qualified dividends, capital gains distributions, original issue discount income, distributions from a retirement plan (such as an IRA, 401(k) or pension), distribution from a tax-advantaged savings account (such as Health Savings Account (HSA), certain government payments, interest income, payments from qualified education programs, railroad retirement, and Social Security distributions.
- Employee Business Expenses - Supports deducting unreimbursed employee business expenses, such as job-related vehicle travel, transportation, meals or entertainment expenses.
- Investment Coverage - Handles many investment related items such as capital gains and losses (Schedule D), installment sale income, money borrowed to buy investments and children who have unearned income over $1,900 (the "kiddie" tax). Also supports income reported on K-1 from S-Corporations. Partnerships or Estates and Trusts.
- Retirement Coverage - Supports distributions from a retirement plan such as an IRA, 401(k) or pension, railroad retirement and Social Security distributions. Also distributions taken from a retirement plan for disaster recovery assistance. Non-deductible contributions to individual retirement accounts (IRAs) are supported by CompleteTax Deluxe as well.
- Charitable Contributions - Handles all types of charitable contributions - cash, check or credit card donations; vehicle usage while volunteering for a charitable organization; non-cash contributions such as clothing, household good, cars, property, stocks or bond; charitable contribution carryovers from prior years.
- Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) - CompleteTax Deluxe automatically calculates your AMT and determines if you are subject to it or not.
- Education Coverage - Handles student loan interest, tuition payment, education credits and tuition and fee deductions.
CompleteTax Deluxe Videos
CompleteTax Deluxe Reviews & Ratings
Not yet reviewed… Be the first to write a review!
To embed a YouTube video:
- Go to YouTube.com and browse to the video you wish to embed.
- Simply copy the code from the "Embed" box.
- Once you've copied the code, just paste it into the field below.
Questions, Discussions & Comments
Compare CompleteTax Deluxe
|CompleteTax Deluxe||Drag another product here||Drag another product here|
Drag to compare it to other software from CompleteTax
Drag to compare it to other Tax software
CompleteTax Deluxe News
Charity Tax Deduction: How Does It Work?
There are many things you can do to lessen your tax burden. One of the best is to make a charitable contribution. This is something that you can take advantage of every year if you plan in advance and know how to add the information to… Read more on Charity Tax Deduction
E-file Free: Taxes And Software Options
There are many good reasons to e-file your return. In addition to avoiding your return getting lost in the mail, this option will also help you receive your refund in no time at all. Of course, you cannot e-file your return until you know… Read more on E File Free
Finding The Best Tax Preparation Software
It is one thing to say that you are going to use tax preparation software. It is another thing entirely to compare your many options, choose one, and take full advantage of all the features available to you. The best tax preparation… Read more on Best Tax Preparation Software
Use 2009 Tax Forms To Help Estimate Tax Payments
Although you hope that you are paying the right amount in taxes, you never really know for sure. If your income is set to stay the same this year, you can estimate your tax payments by taking a closer look at your 2009 and 2010 returns when preparing… Read more on 2009 Tax Forms
Differentiating Federal & State Taxes
Are you aware of the difference between federal and state taxes? Some believe that these taxes are one and the same – this is not true. As you file your final return, one will be sent to the IRS and the other to your… Read more on Federal State Taxes
Thank you for downloading CompleteTax Deluxe
Your download will begin shortly. If it doesn't, click here to try again.