Dropbox is software that syncs your files online and across your computers.
Dropbox allows you to sync your files online and across your computers automatically.
- 2GB of online storage for free, with up to 100GB available to paying customers.
- Sync files of any size or type.
- Work on files in your Dropbox even if you're offline. Your changes sync once your computer has an Internet connection again.
- Dropbox transfers correctly resume where they left off if your connection drops.
- Efficient sync: only the pieces of a file that changed (not the whole file) are synced. This saves you time.
- Doesn't hog your internet connection. You can manually set bandwidth limits.
Sharing files is simple and done in only a few clicks.
- See other people's changes instantly.
- A Public folder that lets you link directly to files in your Dropbox.
- Control who is able to access shared folders. Kick people out and remove the shared folders from their computers.
- Automatically create shareable online photo galleries out of regular folders.
Dropbox backs up your files online without you having to think about it.
- Automatic backup of your files.
- Undelete files and folders.
- Restore previous versions of your files.
- 30 days of undo history. Upgrades available for unlimited undo.
A copy of your files are stored on Dropbox's secure servers. This lets you access them from any computer or mobile device.
- Manipulate files as you would on your desktop. Add, edit, delete, rename, etc.
- A Recent Events feed that shows you a summary of activity in your Dropbox.
Security & Privacy
Dropbox takes the security and privacy of your files very seriously.
- Shared folders are viewable only by people you invite.
- All transmission of file data and metadata occurs over an encrypted channel (SSL).
- All files stored on Dropbox servers are encrypted (AES-256).
- Dropbox website and client software have been hardened against attacks from hackers.
- Dropbox employees are not able to view any user's files.
- Online access to your files requires your username and password.
- Public files are only viewable by people who have a link to the file(s). Public folders are not browsable or searchable.
Mobile Device Access
The free application for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android lets you:
- View files from within the application.
- Download files for offline viewing.
- Take photos and videos and sync them to your Dropbox.
- Share links to files in your Dropbox.
- Export your files to other applications.
- Sync downloaded files so they're up-to-date.
Dropbox Reviews & Ratings
Tell us what you think about Dropbox. Write your own review!
To embed a YouTube video:
- Go to YouTube.com and browse to the video you wish to embed.
- Simply copy the code from the "Embed" box.
- Once you've copied the code, just paste it into the field below.
Questions, Discussions & Comments
|Dropbox||Drag another product here||Drag another product here|
Drag to compare it to other software from Dropbox
Drag to compare it to other Backup software
Free Online Sharing Options With SkyDrive by ABradney-George
Windows Live SkyDrive is a free cloud storage option with a difference. With 25GB of storage space, SkyDrive has become one of the top competitors in online storage, integrating with other Microsoft Windows Live services… Read more on Free Online Sharing Skydrive
Should You Use An Online Backup Service?
Anyone who stores documentation on their PC needs to be aware of the data storage facilities that are available – the most prominent is currently online backup services. It does not matter if your documentation is business… Read more on Online Backup Service
Cloud Backup Services Explained by BillAtkinson
Online backup services for business have been available for a long time but were initially expensive and complicated. The Cloud backup services now becoming popular are aimed at both business and consumers. Many start-up and established companies… Read more on Cloud Backup
Thank you for downloading Dropbox
Your download will begin shortly. If it doesn't, click here to try again.