3 benefits and reasons to e-file your tax returns.
If you use tax software to file your return you are in position to take advantage of many benefits. One of the best is the ability to e-file. While you may see this as a benefit, others are still unsure of what it can do for them.
Below are three reasons why you should e-file through your tax software program:
1. It is much faster. Rather than complete a paper return, with the e-file option you can electronically send all the proper forms and documentation directly to the IRS. This can help speed up the e-file process.
2. No chance of your 2010 tax return getting lost. Let’s face it: the United States Postal Service is not perfect. There is a chance, albeit a small one, that your return could get lost in the mail. If this happens, you may not find out for several months. Of course, at that point you will have to re-file and spend more time on your taxes.
3. Are you due a tax refund? When you e-file you are speeding up the refund process. Believe it or not, you can receive your refund within 10 days if you e-file and opt for the direct deposit payment option. This is compared to several weeks or more if you send a paper return to the IRS.
No matter which tax software you choose, free or paid, make sure you have the ability to e-file your return. Most give you the chance to e-file your federal return for free, while paying a small fee for your state.
- Drawbacks of free tax software
- Free tax preparation software
- What you get with free tax software
- Tax deductions
- Tax preparation software
- Free tax software
- Free online tax filing
- Free tax software 2010
- Free tax software and college students
- Are you ready to file your tax return
- File tax return
- E file free
- Free tax filing
- File taxes online for free
- Tax software free
- Free taxes online
Small Business Software SupportPosted 16 Jun 2011
Tax Cut 2010 Compared: H&R Block Versus TurboTax Software For 2010Posted 20 May 2011
Charity Tax Deduction: How Does It Work?Posted 18 May 2011
E-file Free: Taxes And Software OptionsPosted 18 May 2011
Finding The Best Tax Preparation SoftwarePosted 18 May 2011
Tax Time Bargains: Turbo Tax Coupons And DiscountsPosted 15 May 2011
Use 2009 Tax Forms To Help Estimate Tax PaymentsPosted 13 May 2011
Differentiating Federal & State TaxesPosted 12 May 2011
Test Out Tax Software FreePosted 11 May 2011
Researching Your Income Tax PreparersPosted 11 May 2011
Your comment has been submitted
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are not abusive.