An overview of the different free tax filing options available.
So, you want to file your taxes for free? Join the club. Everybody dreads tax season and, what's more, these same people do not want to pay to file their return.
Fortunately, there are several free tax filing options to consider:
- IRS Free File. With this option you get the chance to work with online Fillable Forms or a brand name software provider. Either way, you are getting the help of the IRS to file your return for free. Note: if you earn $58k or more you must use the Fillable Form option.
- Paper return. Some people still opt to file a paper return. You may spend more time with this option, but it is free from start to finish. If you have a simple return and an understanding of various tax forms, you may be able to file a paper return for free.
- Free tax software. From TurboTax Online Federal to H&R Block Home Online Federal, there are free tax software applications to consider. Over the past couple years this option has become the most popular.
When you use free tax software all the help you need is right in front of you. Your program will ask basic questions and from there your answers are plugged into your tax return. Soon enough your return will be complete.
Although millions of people pay to file their taxes every year, this is not required. If you consider the three options above - IRS free file, paper return or free tax software - you can file for free.
- Drawbacks of free tax software
- Free tax preparation software
- What you get with free tax software
- Tax deductions
- Tax preparation software
- E file
- Free tax software
- Free online tax filing
- Free tax software 2010
- Free tax software and college students
- Are you ready to file your tax return
- File tax return
- E file free
- File taxes online for free
- Tax software free
- Free taxes online
Software Options For Small Business Financial ManagementPosted 3 Jul 2011
Small Business Software SupportPosted 16 Jun 2011
Managing Finances With Invoicing SoftwarePosted 5 Jun 2011
Useful Features For Home Accounting SoftwarePosted 30 May 2011
What Is The Best Accounting Software?Posted 22 May 2011
Tax Cut 2010 Compared: H&R Block Versus TurboTax Software For 2010Posted 20 May 2011
Charity Tax Deduction: How Does It Work?Posted 18 May 2011
E-file Free: Taxes And Software OptionsPosted 18 May 2011
Finding The Best Tax Preparation SoftwarePosted 18 May 2011
Tax Time Bargains: Turbo Tax Coupons And DiscountsPosted 15 May 2011
Your comment has been submitted
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are not abusive.