A guide to what you get with free tax software and 3 important considerations.
So, you are thinking about using free tax software? Good for you. This is a great decision. Before you make any final determination is important to know what you get with free tax software, as well as what features you are passing by.
Here are three things to keep in mind:
1. You won’t pay a penny. This alone is the number one reason why so many people look into free software before they make a purchase. If you have a simple return and do not need a lot of extra help, free tax software may be the way to go. Why pay when you don’t have to?
2. Free e-file. With most free tax software programs you will have the ability to e-file your federal return free of charge. How does that sound to you? Not only do you get to file your return for free, but you can do so online to speed up the process.
Note: you will pay more to e-file your state return. For instance, TurboTax charges $30.95.
3. Step by step help. Just because you aren’t spending any money doesn’t mean you will be hung out to dry. Depending on the software you choose, you will be guided through the filing process from start to finish. Just answer a few questions and all the proper information will be imported into your return.
If you have a simple return and don’t have any questions, using free tax software is a great idea. Save your money, while still taking advantage of many high level features.
- Drawbacks of free tax software
- Free tax preparation software
- Tax deductions
- Tax preparation software
- E file
- Free tax software
- Free online tax filing
- Free tax software 2010
- Free tax software and college students
- Are you ready to file your tax return
- File tax return
- E file free
- Free tax filing
- File taxes online for free
- Tax software free
- Free taxes online
Small Business Software SupportPosted 16 Jun 2011
Tax Cut 2010 Compared: H&R Block Versus TurboTax Software For 2010Posted 20 May 2011
Charity Tax Deduction: How Does It Work?Posted 18 May 2011
E-file Free: Taxes And Software OptionsPosted 18 May 2011
Finding The Best Tax Preparation SoftwarePosted 18 May 2011
Tax Time Bargains: Turbo Tax Coupons And DiscountsPosted 15 May 2011
Use 2009 Tax Forms To Help Estimate Tax PaymentsPosted 13 May 2011
Differentiating Federal & State TaxesPosted 12 May 2011
Test Out Tax Software FreePosted 11 May 2011
Researching Your Income Tax PreparersPosted 11 May 2011
Your comment has been submitted
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are not abusive.