The original drawings for the Clearface design were a collaboration between Morris Fuller Benton and his father, Linn Boyd Benton. As the driving force behind American Type Founders (ATF) during the first part of the twentieth century, the Bentons sought to create a new typeface that was utilitarian and easy to read.
Caruso's work refines the Bentons' original design into a unified family that is well suited for both text and display settings.
ITC Clearface Features:
- Slightly condensed, making it an excellent choice when space is at a premium.
- Small yet sturdy serifs
- Large x-height and modest contrast in stroke weight.
- Several "identifying characters" that distinguish it from other faces, such as the upturned 'a,' old style 'e' and ball-terminal 's.'
- Now available as a suite of OpenType Pro fonts, allowing graphic communicators to pair its versatile design with the capabilities of OpenType.
- Automatic insertion of ligatures and alternate characters; they also include an extended character set that supports most Central European and many Eastern European languages.
ITC Clearface Pro Videos
No video available…
ITC Clearface Pro Reviews & Ratings
Not yet reviewed… Be the first to write a review!
To embed a YouTube video:
- Go to YouTube.com and browse to the video you wish to embed.
- Simply copy the code from the "Embed" box.
- Once you've copied the code, just paste it into the field below.
Questions, Discussions & Comments
Compare ITC Clearface Pro
|ITC Clearface Pro||Drag another product here||Drag another product here|
Drag to compare it to other software from Fonts.com
Drag to compare it to other Graphic Design software
Thank you for downloading ITC Clearface Pro
Your download will begin shortly. If it doesn't, click here to try again.