Microsoft Word 2010 offers the best of all worlds: enhanced features to create professional-quality documents, easier ways to work together with people, and almost-anywhere access to your files.
Designed to give you the finest document-formatting tools, Word 2010 also helps you easily organize and write your documents more efficiently, and stay within reach so you can capture your best ideas whenever and wherever they occur.
Create visually compelling documents more easily than ever
Word 2010 provides an array of new and improved tools that help you look like a design pro and make your important content stand out.
- Add impressive formatting effects-such as gradient fills and reflections-directly to the text in your document. You can now apply many of the same effects to text and shapes that you might already use for pictures, charts, and SmartArt graphics
- Use new and improved picture editing tools-including versatile artistic effects and advanced correction, color, and cropping tools-to fine-tune every picture in your document to look its absolute best.
- Choose from more customizable Office themes to coordinate colors, fonts, and graphic formatting effects throughout your documents. Customize themes to use your own personal or business branding. The same Office themes are available in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel 2010, so it's easy to give all your documents a consistent, professional look.
- Make a statement with a wide selection of SmartArt graphics- including many new layouts for organization charts and picture diagrams-to create impressive graphics as easily as typing a bulleted list. SmartArt graphics automatically coordinate with your chosen document theme, so great-looking formatting for all your document content is just a couple of clicks away.
Save time and simplify your work
Word 2010 provides tools that save time and simplify your work.
- Find your way with the improved Navigation Pane and Find tools. These new enhancements make it easier than ever to browse, search, and even reorganize document content right from a single, easy-to-use pane
- Recover draft versions of files that you closed without saving. That's right. The version recovery feature is just one of many new features available from the new Microsoft Office Backstage™ view. Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu in all Office 2010 applications to provide a centralized, organized space for all document management tasks.
- Easily customize the improved Ribbon to make the commands you need most accessible. Create custom tabs or even customize built-in tabs.
Work together more successfully
If you work with others on documents and projects, Word 2010 has the tools you need.
- Using new co-authoring capabilities, you can now edit the same document, at the same time, as other team members in other locations. You can even communicate instantly as you work, directly from Word.
- If you work for a company running SharePoint Foundation 2010 this functionality can be used within the firewall. With Office Communicator now integrated throughout several Office 2010 programs, you can view presence information that shows the availability of other authors and initiate instant messaging or voice calls directly from Word.
- If you're in a small company or use Word 2010 for your home or school work, you can take advantage of co-authoring features though Windows Live. All you need is a free Windows Live ID to simultaneously edit documents with others. An instant messenger account (such as the free Windows Live Messenger) is required to view presence of authors and start an instant messaging conversation.
Access your information from more places
Your ideas, deadlines, projects, and work emergencies don't always occur conveniently when you are at your desk. Fortunately, you now have the power to get things done when and where you need to, from the Web or even from your smartphone.
- Microsoft Word Web App is an online companion to Microsoft Word that enables you to extend your Word experience to the browser. View a high fidelity version of your documents and make light edits as well. Access some of the same formatting and editing tools that are in Word 2010, and work in a familiar editing environment, from almost any computer with a Web browser.
- Microsoft Word Mobile 2010 gives you a lightweight editor for your documents that's especially designed for easy use on your Windows phone.
Whether you're writing that career-making report, working with a team on the next big pitch, drafting your resume, or getting work done on the run, Word 2010 makes it easier to get what you need done more quickly, with more flexibility, and with better results.
Microsoft Office Word Videos
Microsoft Office Word Reviews & Ratings
Tell us what you think about Microsoft Office Word. Write your own review!
To embed a YouTube video:
- Go to YouTube.com and browse to the video you wish to embed.
- Simply copy the code from the "Embed" box.
- Once you've copied the code, just paste it into the field below.
Questions, Discussions & Comments
Compare Microsoft Office Word
|Microsoft Office Word||Drag another product here||Drag another product here|
|Microsoft Office Compatible||Y|
Drag to compare it to other software from Microsoft
Drag to compare it to other Office Suites & Office software
Microsoft Office Word News
How To Get An Online Office With Microsoft Office 365 by Aingham86
Working from home or having a small business can be difficult. It can be hard to organize an office and have everything that you need. In fact, it’s almost impossible to have everything for your office at the click of a button. Microsoft… Read more on Online Office
Better Business Accessibility With Microsoft Office 365 by ABradney-George
Whether a small or larger business, finding the best way to increase file accessibility and staff productivity through software is a common interest. Now, people can take advantage of a reliable online option with the newly released Microsoft… Read more on Office 365
Thank you for downloading Microsoft Office Word
Your download will begin shortly. If it doesn't, click here to try again.