- Backup Software
- File & Data Recovery
- Synchronization & Transfer
- Online Backup
- Free Backup
- Sugar Sync
Considering a paid internet backup service? Read on to see what these services offer compared to free versions.
Are you constantly worried about losing data due to a failed backup, but concerned about the cost of paid Internet backup services? Before you make a decision, weigh the differences between free online backups and fee-based data storage services.
Should You Pay for an Internet Backup?
Using the cloud for data storage is a simple and effective method of augmenting your local backup procedures, but not everyone needs a paid storage service. Check out these key differences between free backups and fee-based backups before you make a decision:
- Storage space: Free cloud backup services typically offer small amounts of storage. If you just need a place to store your family photos, a free service will most likely suffice. If you're a small business owner, and need to archive your financial records and customer database, you may need to consider paying for a more robust service.
- Security: A free storage package may not offer the same degree of data security as a fee-based package. If your information is sensitive, such as personal financial data or tax information, consider paying for a cloud storage service like SugarSync.
- Redundancy: Even a free service should store your information in more than one location, but a paid storage facility is more likely to provide the best possible degree of availability for your data.
- Customer Support: Many companies, such as IDrive, provide both free and paid online backups. Since free versions of software are commonly used as stepping-stones to the paid versions, providing excellent service is a critical aspect of transforming a user to a paid customer.
The bottom line, when it comes to online storage, is simply this: You'll get what you pay for. Small amounts of storage and limited options are fine if you don't need much space, but if you're depending on your data for a business, look into a fee-based Internet backup service for business.
Get The Best Protection Around Using Antivirus Software ReviewsPosted 20 Jul 2011
How To Download Registry Cleaner SoftwarePosted 13 Jul 2011
Anti Spam And Anti Virus Software ComparedPosted 27 Jun 2011
How To Zip A File With WinZipPosted 24 Jun 2011
Free Antivirus Virus DownloadsPosted 23 Jun 2011
Internet Security 2011: Threats And Protection OptionsPosted 22 Jun 2011
Installing And Using Your WinZip DownloadPosted 17 Jun 2011
Who Should Download 7-Zip?Posted 16 Jun 2011
Protect Against Risks When Searching Google ImagesPosted 15 Jun 2011
Super Anti Spyware: The Best Features For Spyware ProtectionPosted 15 Jun 2011
Your comment has been submitted
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are not abusive.