H&R Block At Home ensures that every filer gets what they want, without overspending.
When you hear the name H&R Block it is safe to say that you think of one thing: taxes. Every year, millions of taxpayers head to their local H&R Block to meet with a tax professional. While this is an option, many taxpayers would rather file without help. Fortunately, H&R Block once again has you covered. They offer H&R Block at Home. This is a tax software program that gives you the features you need to file an accurate return.
How HR Block Home Edition Works
H&R Block sells a variety of tax software programs to ensure that every filer gets what they want, without overspending. Although the free and basic editions have a lot to offer, the most popular is the deluxe version. Here is how the system works:
- Just like a tax professional, HR Block Home edition will walk you through the filing process from start to finish. There is no denying that H&R Block knows a thing or two about the tax system in the United States. They have packed tons of information into the deluxe version of their software.
- Despite a system full of information, there is nothing complex about using this tax software program. H&R Block has made it simple to jump from one section to the next, without any worries.
- Tax deduction guidance. Are you worried that you are missing out on deductions that could help you save a lot of money? One of the biggest benefits of choosing HR Block Home over other versions is simple: it will help you find each and every deduction that you qualify for. On top of this, the software makes it simple to add these deductions to the proper form. Whether it is mortgage interest, student loan interest, charitable contributions, or another type of deduction, with HR Block At Home you are going to be in position to take full advantage. Along with this, the software will analyze your occupation to help you find deductions that are common among professionals in your industry.
- The option to e-file. There is no other way of saying it: with HR Block Home you can e-file your return for free. This holds true with both your federal and state return (if supported by your state). Rather than print out paper forms and worry about mailing them to the IRS, you can e-file through your H&R Block software with one click of your mouse.
HR Block Home Features
- Guaranteed accuracy. This alone is reason enough to consider using the Deluxe edition. They guarantee that your return will be 100 percent accurate – within reason. This is what they have to say:
“If the software makes an arithmetic error that results in your payment of a penalty and/or interest to the IRS that you would otherwise not have been required to pay, H&R Block will reimburse you up to a maximum of $10,000. Terms and conditions apply; see Accurate Calculations Guarantee for details”
- Audit support. No matter who you are, you have probably worried about a tax audit at some point in your life. With audit support, you can eliminate some of the stress.
“Worry-free Audit Support is available for clients who purchase and use H&R Block tax software or online tax preparation solutions to prepare and successfully file (via e-file or print and mail) their 2009 individual income tax returns (federal or state). It does not provide for reimbursement of any taxes, penalties or interest imposed by taxing authorities. Additional terms and restrictions apply; see Worry-free Audit Support for complete details.”
- Helps with the sale of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. Many tax software programs will do you no good if you have sold investments, such as stocks, during the past tax year. The Deluxe versions have a system in place to help you report these sales, and determine how it has effected your tax situation.
- The ability to import tax information from H&R Block tax offices, as well as TaxCut and TurboTax software. With this feature, it is simple to stay on track with the returns that you have filed in the past.
- Populated with nearly 100 tax forms. In addition to basic forms, such as Form 1040 and all Schedules, there are also ones less common.
All of the tax software programs from H&R Block are compatible with both Windows and MAC operating systems. If you are running windows, you need Windows XP or above. For MAC users, you need OS 10.4.11.
Even though the free editions have a lot to offer it makes sense to also consider the basic, and premium versions.
With all the features you could need, as well as accuracy guarantee and audit support, HR Block Home is a great choice for any taxpayer.
Tax Cut 2010 Compared: H&R Block Versus TurboTax Software For 2010Posted 20 May 2011
Charity Tax Deduction: How Does It Work?Posted 18 May 2011
Finding The Best Tax Preparation SoftwarePosted 18 May 2011
Tax Time Bargains: Turbo Tax Coupons And DiscountsPosted 15 May 2011
Use 2009 Tax Forms To Help Estimate Tax PaymentsPosted 13 May 2011
Differentiating Federal & State TaxesPosted 12 May 2011
Researching Your Income Tax PreparersPosted 11 May 2011
TurboTax Home And Business 2009: Who Does It Suit?Posted 9 May 2011
What Happened To H&R Block's Tax Cut Software?Posted 4 May 2011
Did You File 2009 Taxes Without Keeping A Record?Posted 3 May 2011
Your comment has been submitted
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are not abusive.