H&R Block's Tax Cut Software Is Now Known As H&R At Home. Here We Look At The Range Of Products On Offer From This Tax Software Giant.
For over 50 years H&R Block has been a leading name in tax preparation, and their Tax Cut software has been at the forefront of tax software for years. But while the Tax Cut brand is still familiar for many people, officially it no longer exists.
At the end of 2009 H&R Block introduced a a suite of straightforward tax solutions for individuals and small businesses, known as H&R Block At Home. In a press release at the time, H&R Block said that they made the change "to reflect H&R Block’s rich history of tax preparation and knowledge."
"As the No. 1 retail tax preparer, H&R Block understands tax laws and wants to ensure DIY taxpayers know they’re receiving the benefit of more than 50 years of tax expertise and the ability to access tax professionals for additional assistance when they purchase an H&R Block At Home product," the press release stated.
With a new name, and a new suite, H&R Block's tax software has set out to be easy to use and efficient for a range of different people. The following products have become part of the At Home range, with new versions release regularly in the form of CD-ROMs and software downloads.
- H&R Block At Home Free provides simple federal tax preparation online at no cost and options to upgrade if more advice is needed. It should be noted that At Home Free does not support Schedules C, D, E, F or K1.
- H&R Block At Home Basic includes everything taxpayers need to complete simple federal tax returns, even checking for errors to protect against an audit.
- H&R Block At Home Deluxe helps taxpayers who own a home or have investments and includes everything taxpayers need to complete their federal and state taxes. In addition to the Basic features, Deluxe offers personalized tax guidance, advanced tools to maximize mortgage interest deductions and assistance on investment income and stock options.
- H&R Block At Home Premium assists people who are self-employed or own rental property with their federal and state taxes. Premium includes Schedule C guidance, help with rental income deductions, advanced tax calculators and one free session with an H&R Block tax professional.
- H&R Block At Home Premium & Business is one convenient solution for those who need to file personal taxes and also own their own businesses, providing features included in Delux and Premium to ensure users get all the help they need to file home and business taxes.
In addition to the software features there is a range of support services and helpful information on the H&R Block website to keep users up-to-date on features and tax-related news, highlighting H&R Block's commitment to tax support services. The range of products in the At Home suite means loyal Tax Cut users can still complete their tax returns easily, while also applying their knowledge of the former tax software to ensure an accurate return is filed. Regardless of the tax situation, looking at the At Home range, and comparing with other tax software will make sure you get the best tax return support around.
Software Options For Small Business Financial ManagementPosted 3 Jul 2011
Small Business Software SupportPosted 16 Jun 2011
Managing Finances With Invoicing SoftwarePosted 5 Jun 2011
Useful Features For Home Accounting SoftwarePosted 30 May 2011
What Is The Best Accounting Software?Posted 22 May 2011
Tax Cut 2010 Compared: H&R Block Versus TurboTax Software For 2010Posted 20 May 2011
Charity Tax Deduction: How Does It Work?Posted 18 May 2011
E-file Free: Taxes And Software OptionsPosted 18 May 2011
Finding The Best Tax Preparation SoftwarePosted 18 May 2011
Tax Time Bargains: Turbo Tax Coupons And DiscountsPosted 15 May 2011
Your comment has been submitted
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are not abusive.