Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope. It is being used in planetarium projectors. Just set your coordinates and go.
- default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
- extra catalogues with more than 210 million stars
- asterisms and illustrations of the constellations
- constellations for twelve different cultures
- images of nebulae (full Messier catalogue)
- realistic Milky Way
- very realistic atmosphere, sunrise and sunset
- the planets and their satellites
- a powerful zoom
- time control
- multilingual interface
- fisheye projection for planetarium domes
- spheric mirror projection for your own low-cost dome
- all new graphical interface and extensive keyboard control
- telescope control
- equatorial and azimuthal grids
- star twinkling
- shooting stars
- eclipse simulation
- skinnable landscapes, now with spheric panorama projection
- plugin system adding artifical satellites, ocular simulation, telescrope configuration and more
- add your own deep sky objects, landscapes, constellation images, scripts and more.
No video available…
Stellarium Reviews & Ratings
Not yet reviewed… Be the first to write a review!
To embed a YouTube video:
- Go to YouTube.com and browse to the video you wish to embed.
- Simply copy the code from the "Embed" box.
- Once you've copied the code, just paste it into the field below.
Questions, Discussions & Comments
|Stellarium||Drag another product here||Drag another product here|
Drag to compare it to other software from Open Source
Drag to compare it to other Astronomy software
Thank you for downloading Stellarium
Your download will begin shortly. If it doesn't, click here to try again.