Finds Deductions and Credits to Get You the Biggest Refund
Maximizes Your Tax Deductions — Asks simple questions about your income, family situation and changes in your tax situation. Then, based on your answers, searches for more than 350 deductions to get you the biggest tax refund—guaranteed.
- Looks for Deduction Opportunities as You Go — TurboTax shows you which deductions you’ve taken. Then it goes through the deductions you haven’t taken to make sure you haven’t missed any. Have kids? You can deduct up to $3,500 per child! Pay for tuition? You may be able to deduct up to $4,000! Own a home? We can help you save hundreds or even thousands of dollars with deductions for property taxes, mortgage interest, points, and more.
- Gets You the Maximum Deduction for Donations — Every year millions of taxpayers undervalue the items they donate charity, potentially missing out on hundreds of dollars in additional tax savings. ItsDeductible® (included) helps you accurately value items you donate to charity so you get every penny you deserve. Plus, it tracks other donations such as cash, mileage, and stocks, to help you get every charitable deduction you’re entitled to.
- Finds Every Credit You Deserve — Pay for tuition? You can add as much as $1,800 to $2,000 to your refund with the Hope Credit or Lifetime Learning Credit. Buy a hybrid? The Hybrid Car Credit can add as much as $3,000 to your refund. Each year lots of taxpayers get a smaller refund than they deserve because they fail to take advantage of all the tax credits they’re eligible for. That won’t happen with TurboTax. We’ll make sure you get every credit you’ve got coming for the biggest refund possible.
- Handles Your Life Changes — Changed jobs? Got married? Bought a home? Had a baby? TurboTax guides you through common life changes. Explains how the changes will impact your taxes. And tells you what you can deduct and how, to help you get the biggest refund.
- Helps with Medical Expenses — TurboTax walks you through all possible medical expenses (including those that many people overlook). Then it does all the math for you and tells you if you qualify to deduct your medical expenses for maximum tax savings.
- Helps You Get a Bigger Refund Next Year — Gives you an overview of your tax return so you can rest assured that your taxes are accurate. Then it offers you tips on how to improve your tax situation so you can get an even bigger refund next year.
Helps You Reduce Audit Risk
- Tracks Your Audit Risk — Audit Risk Meter™ checks your tax return for common audit triggers. Shows whether your risk is high or low. And provides tips to help you reduce your chance of an audit.
- Includes Downloadable Audit Support Center — Gives you step-by-step guidance on everything you need to know and do if the IRS contacts you.
- Alerts You to Audit Red Flags — Compares your deductions to national averages for your income bracket so you can quickly see if your deductions fall outside the norm and could possibly trigger an audit.
- Does the Hard Work for You
- Asks Easy Questions, Tailored to You — Guides you step by step through your tax return and puts your answers on the right tax forms for you. Skips interview questions that don’t apply to you, so you can finish your return faster.
- Automatically Fills in W-2 and 1099 Info — Gets your W-2 and 1099 data directly from over 100,000 participating employers and financial institutions and automatically puts it in the right tax forms. A brief summary lets you review and edit downloaded information if necessary.
- Transfers Last Year’s Tax Info — No retyping necessary. Fills in your tax return with your personal info from last year.
- Imports Your Financial Data — Imports your financial data from Quicken®*, so you can skip the cut and paste this year.
Provides Help and Tax-Saving Tips
- Live Tax Answers — Get live answers and tax-saving tips online from TurboTax experts and other TurboTax users in our Live Community. Plus you’ll have instant access to answers to commonly asked tax questions on every screen.
- Straightforward Guidance and Tax-Saving Tips — Find help on any tax topic from anywhere within TurboTax. Plus get plain-English explanations of specific tax areas with helpful examples and tips for keeping more money in your pocket.
- Life Events Expert — Explains how changes in your life, such as purchasing a new home, changing jobs, or becoming a parent, will affect your taxes so you can prepare your return with confidence.
- Guide Me — Not sure how to answer a tax question or what information to enter? We’ll guide you to the right answer, making your taxes even easier.
- Explains Your Return — Shows you a summary of your return, including income, tax, credits and payments so you know your taxes are accurate. Provides recommendations to help you get an even bigger refund next year.
- FREE Technical Support — Got a question about using TurboTax? No problem! Get answers from a TurboTax expert via e-mail, phone, or live chat.
Spots Errors and Shows How to Fix Them
- Checks for Mistakes — Double-checks your return for errors, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
- Guaranteed Accurate Calculations — If you should get hit with an IRS or state penalty or interest due to a TurboTax calculation error, we’ll pay you the penalty and interest.
- Always Up-to-Date with the Latest Tax Laws — Ensures your return includes the latest tax forms and complies with every update in the tax law.
- Preview Your Tax Summary and 1040 Tax Form Before You File — Preview a summary list to find any missing pieces of info, or view your filled-in 1040 form before you file.
Get Your Refund Faster with FREE Federal Efile
- Shows Your Tax Refund in Real Time — Watch your refund add up as you complete your return. Our improved Dual Refund Monitor constantly displays and updates both your federal and state refunds (or taxes due) as you complete your federal return.
- FREE Federal Efile Speeds Up Your Tax Refund — Get your refund in as few as 8 days with efile and direct deposit. If you’re a returning customer, we’ll automatically transfer your efile information from your previous year’s return to save you even more time.
TurboTax Deluxe Federal State Videos
TurboTax Deluxe Federal State Reviews & Ratings
Tell us what you think about TurboTax Deluxe Federal State. Write your own review!
To embed a YouTube video:
- Go to YouTube.com and browse to the video you wish to embed.
- Simply copy the code from the "Embed" box.
- Once you've copied the code, just paste it into the field below.
Questions, Discussions & Comments
Compare TurboTax Deluxe Federal State
|TurboTax Deluxe Federal State||Drag another product here||Drag another product here|
Drag to compare it to other software from TurboTax
Drag to compare it to other Tax software
TurboTax Deluxe Federal State News
Tax Cut 2010 Compared: H&R Block Versus TurboTax Software For 2010
Recently, Tax Cut has taken on a new name. Instead of Tax Cut 2010, or any later version, it is now known as H&R at Home. Although the name has changed, there are still several products you can rely on to file your federal and state… Read more on Tax Cut 2010
Charity Tax Deduction: How Does It Work?
There are many things you can do to lessen your tax burden. One of the best is to make a charitable contribution. This is something that you can take advantage of every year if you plan in advance and know how to add the information to… Read more on Charity Tax Deduction
E-file Free: Taxes And Software Options
There are many good reasons to e-file your return. In addition to avoiding your return getting lost in the mail, this option will also help you receive your refund in no time at all. Of course, you cannot e-file your return until you know… Read more on E File Free
Finding The Best Tax Preparation Software
It is one thing to say that you are going to use tax preparation software. It is another thing entirely to compare your many options, choose one, and take full advantage of all the features available to you. The best tax preparation… Read more on Best Tax Preparation Software
Tax Time Bargains: Turbo Tax Coupons And Discounts
Let’s face it: filing a final income tax return is never fun. In the back of your mind you are always thinking about how much you paid throughout the year and whether or not you will owe more. Along with actually paying your… Read more on Turbo Tax Coupons
Thank you for downloading TurboTax Deluxe Federal State
Your download will begin shortly. If it doesn't, click here to try again.