A guide to the features and benefits of TurboTax Free.
TurboTax Free Edition 2010 is sure to be one of the most popular software choices when tax time rolls around in early 2011. If you are looking for a free and easy way to file your taxes, while ensuring a maximum refund, this is one of many programs that you want to strongly consider.
Although the TurboTax Free Edition does not offer as many robust features as the Deluxe and Premier options, it is more than enough for taxpayers with simple returns and low demands.
TurboTax Free Edition 2010
There are quite a few benefits of turning to TurboTax Free Edition – especially the 2010 edition.
- It is free. Above all else, you are able to file your return free of cost. This alone is reason enough to consider TurboTax and all that they have to offer. With the Free Edition you are able to e-file your federal return without spending a dime. That being said, if you want to do the same with your state return you will be charged $30.95.
- Just like a GPS system, with TurboTax Free Edition you will be guided through the filing process from start to finish. If you are a first time user, you are given a little bit of extra help to ensure that your return is 100 percent accurate. You will be amazed at how simple it is to complete your return.
- Maximum refund guaranteed. TurboTax puts a lot of time and effort into helping every user receive the largest possible refund. Enough said!
- Get your refund in a hurry. Since you are able to e-file, you will be in position to receive any refund in two weeks or less – as long as you opt for direct deposit. This is much quicker than filing a paper return, and then waiting several weeks (or months) to receive your refund. Free software that offers the option to e-file is a big benefit.
- The ability to access the Audit Support Center. If you are worried about an audit or the IRS has already contacted you, the advice that you find in the Audit Support Center is invaluable. It can be the difference between owing the IRS more money and getting them off your back soon enough.
- You can save your progress. Are you the type of person who never files their taxes in one sitting? With TurboTax Free Edition 2010 you no longer have to worry about this. You can start and stop as many times as you want, while knowing that your work is going to be saved.
- Knows what to do with many types of income. In addition to W-2 income, TurboTax Free Edition can also help you record retirement, unemployment benefits, and disability. No matter where your money came from, you will be able to easily transfer it to the appropriate tax form.
TurboTax Free Edition 2010: What We Didn’t Like
- If you have expenses and deductions related to your mortgage, charitable donations, or childcare, you are not going to get any help from this edition. Instead, you are better off using TurboTax Deluxe.
- Do you have a lot of investments that effect your tax situation? This could be anything from rental income to stock sales. Again, TurboTax Free Edition is not going to be much of a help. For these types of returns, you need to use TurboTax Premier.
- The Free Edition does not include schedules C, D, E, and F. If you are required to use one of these schedule, an upgrade to either the Deluxe or Premier Edition is necessary.
TurboTax Free Edition 2010 Support
If you have a question about using TurboTax Free Edition 2010, you can receive free advice from an expert via email or live chat. The live chat feature allows you to get answers on the spot.
Regardless of income level, if you have a simple tax return and do not need a lot of guidance, TurboTax Free Edition 2010 is the way to go.
Who Should Use Website Design Software?Posted 13 Jul 2011
Popular Web Design Software ReviewedPosted 10 Jul 2011
Software Options For Small Business Financial ManagementPosted 3 Jul 2011
Small Business Software SupportPosted 16 Jun 2011
Cutting Costs With Cheap Web Design SoftwarePosted 8 Jun 2011
Useful Features For Home Accounting SoftwarePosted 30 May 2011
How Much Does Website Design Software Cost?Posted 25 May 2011
Tax Cut 2010 Compared: H&R Block Versus TurboTax Software For 2010Posted 20 May 2011
Charity Tax Deduction: How Does It Work?Posted 18 May 2011
E-file Free: Taxes And Software OptionsPosted 18 May 2011
Your comment has been submitted
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are not abusive.